Interest or Career

How many of you are working on certs just for career placement, or do you actually do this because of interest? Personally, I enjoy learning this stuff... if I didn't I sure and the hell wouldn't be able to finish these encyclopedias they dubbed "study guides".
GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    For interest.

I mean at the end of the day would we be doing the career if we didnt find it interesting icon_confused.gif:
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At first it was for interest, then I would say both now it has turned more for career. I would say I am losing interest in keeping up with it all, and studying.

I still like my career though, just prefer to learn and read about things that I am working on rather than learning stuff to pass exams.
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I do certs for career advancements only (even though I enjoy learning new things)
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    both :P
    witty comment
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Studying for a cert exam(s) is an excellent way to learn a new field of study that you are interested in. For example, if you really want to learn your stuff about 802.11 wireless networking, study for the CWNA cert exam. And fellow .NET programmers, go for the MCAD and MCSD certs!
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    Both Interest and Career!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    8 years ago it used to be career, money basically cause every cert meant a salary increase, and since I was doing the job already why not get the paper if it impresses the boss. A couple of years later it changed to interest, which it still is for the reason Sie and JD mentioned.