How did you study for the Linux+ exam?

southsouth Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just started last week, but I feel I am going about it all wrong. I think my approach to note taking for the CCNA worked very well for me, but I don't think it gels with the content for Linux +. There are so many commands, options, etc. that my notes are starting to look like an slightly deflated version of the book I'm using; this is also taking way too long transcribe, format, and color code everything. What were your guys/gals approach towards studying for this exam? Obviously labbing is the most important (isn't it always), but other than that what did you do to prepare. I have great materials: new Roderick Smith Linux+ book, Linux in a Nutshell (for expanded reference on the go), A Practical Guide to Linux by Sobell. I also have CentOS & Debian VMs set up and ready to roll. Also, I really want to finish this exam in 3-4 months (I think that's a realistic timeline). So, with all that in mind. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• danstardanstar Member Posts: 136

3 - 4 months ? I think that's good enough for you to nail it bro. I'm actually thinking of taking the same cert as everyone is moving towards Linux. I heard the Debian flavor is yummy so I'm going for it. And no, I've never tried Linux but I'm going to have it installed on my PC soon.. and start working towards the exam. It shouldn't be so hard.. after all it's not about coding all the time.
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Actually I think RedHat based distros are the most yumy. You've got to have a special aptitude for Debian though.icon_wink.gif
  • danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Oh yeah ? I thought Red Hat was server based. I really know nothing about these flavors.
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Special aptitude for Debian that made me :) is that one from the linux book of nix humour
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "