Options

cucm/cups/cuc What spec PC ?

macattackermacattacker Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am wanting to buy a PC for home lab use.
I want to run CUCM, CUPS and CUC on the same machine using Esxi.

Are any of you guys running the three on a single PC ?
If so, can you please recommend RAM, processor etc specs that will enable me to run these 3 apps on the same machine ?

So far, I have been told I need to make sure I use an Intel processor and I should put each of the three apps on it's own hard drive.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the person might've meant: "Build three virtual harddrives" as in vdi files, or whatever esxi uses. I'm not a virtualization guru :P

As far as grunt work, My computer is fairly old by today's standards though, but makes it through quite well. I have a i920 w/ 14gb ram.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    if this is for home lab.. then any i3 to i5 with at least 16 gigs of ram will do.. CUCM-Business will combine ccm/unity = 8 gigs of ram. add on cups for a few more gigs of ram and rest for OS.. throw on a 300 to 500 gig hard drive for virtual space and your good.

vmware it..
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm running CUCM (both pub & sub), CUC and CUPS in ESXi v5.1 on an Intel i7 870 (1st generation) w/16GB RAM.

Biggest bottleneck for me seems to be HDD related. I use an old 80GB as a boot drive and to store my ISO files, and have 2 x 1TB SATA II drives for VMs. Just bought some extra 320GB SATA II's to spread the VMs around to lessen disk contention.