Options

Passed CISSP today on first attempt

BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
Started studying for the test with the online video boot camp from InfoSec on the 28th of January and used the Shon Harris book to fill in the gaps then I tested with cccure.org to reinforce the information.
Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

What's your background in Information Security?
  • Options
    aidroidaidroid Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, well done! Would welcome any thoughts or insight into the exam. I'm in my final week of study and bricking it :)
  • Options
    I am a Sr. Network Engineer getting ready to take my CCIE Security practical. I’ve been working with Route/Switch, Firewalls, IPS, and content filtering for the past seven years. Before this I also had experience working with the intelligence community while I was in the military.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass !!!!!
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Nice resume of certs you have there. And you didnt study long, Jan28th till today. Cheers to you my friend, great Job.
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Bundiman!
  • Options
    i already got my endorsement completed and submitted to ISC2 and they have replied back saying they have accepted it. How long until I get the official certification?
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, that quickly?! I need to get my resume updated asap and start sending in my endorsement. Did you submit a full resume, or a simplified list of previous job roles and dates, listing the domains each roles covered and some of their responsibilities that tie into the domain? Just trying to figure out what all I need to include and the format.

Congrats on being accepted and certified!
  • Options
    I submitted a full resume with the portions I needed highlighted to prove my experience I helps that I also have six people with the CISSP where I work already so it was easy for me to get the endorsement since I have been in the same position for seven years now and have worked with some of them for over ten.
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Wow, that quickly?! ......... Congrats on being accepted and certified!

I think Bundiman meant that his endorsement was received - certification isn't official until they send you the "congratulations" email.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on passing CISSP! Endorsement was taking about 3 weeks last year, but recent reports have been shorter. At least you didn't have to wait six weeks for your test results!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!