Another CISSP Pass! Woo!

zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all. I passed this morning!!! :) First try as well. Looks like I'm joining the good company of others that have recently passed on this forum.

I took a Global Knowledge class back in November and have been procrastinating the exam ever since, including a couple reschedulings. I found the class and instructor very informative. Besides the course and it's guide, my main resources were the Sybex CISSP book and the Syngress CISSP book (Eric Conrad, 1st Ed). I would flip flop between those two. Last night I got cozy and familiar with the Syngress 11th Hour CISSP Book (Conrad) and the class guide again. I found that to be a great refresher, very quick and to the point on all the domains, covering most everything. I never got very far into any of the Shon Harris books, or the CISSP classes available via Skillsoft. Tried some chapters and units, but stuck with the other resources.

Time to sit back, relax, celebrate... and then contemplate if I really should chase after the ISSAP like I initially considered back during class in November. Oh, and I guess update my resume and try to figure out the endorsement process :)

Sorry I haven't been involved much in this forum, I'm usually hanging/lurking in the Juniper one.

Comments

• wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats !!!!!
  • BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    Congratulations Its a great weight of your shoulders.
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    icon_cheers.gif Congratulations, it's always great to read that someone came out of the exam victorious.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! My goal is to pass it this year.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! A well-deserved triumph for your self-secreting, mollusca exo-form! icon_cheers.gif
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all! It's been a great day :)

JDMurray, love it, thanks :)

sigsoldier, keep up the studying and best wishes. Let us know how it goes! :)
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations on your pass! A lot of folks recently have confirmed that you CAN pass on the first try - with or without previous certification testing experience. Well done!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    I assume that you did the Zoidberg dance?

zoidberg-dance-gif.gif
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, get out the corner... celebrate icon_cheers.gif, update your resume.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Obligatory congrats on the pass.

- beads
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, that's exactly the dance I did out of the Pearson Vue office!!! :D And I love reading your law blog ;)

Thanks again all for the kind words of congrats. Appreciate it!!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations, that's a damn impressive set of certifications you have there mate. I do read your posts in the Juniper forums and though I cant make much about them, but they are a good read and source of inspiration. Well done once again!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • coparahcoparah Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please be a little more specific as to which book you used and the study plan you stuck to.
    Congrats and I hope to hear from you.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    coparah wrote: »
    Please be a little more specific as to which book you used and the study plan you stuck to.
    Congrats and I hope to hear from you. Please email me :

icon_scratch.gif I thought he was very specific in his OP

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zoidberg wrote: »
    ...my main resources were the Sybex CISSP book and ...

Congratulations! I've always wondered why the Sybex book has almost twice as much pages as any other study guide..
  • coparahcoparah Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    Please let me know the media of delivery for globalknowledge courses

thanks
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Coparah, You can read Shon Harris and attempt all questions. You can also attend a boot camp and it helps.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Major congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great News! Congratulations, I'm sechduled next week. Looking to share a good News too.
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I passed it today.
  • awais1116@hotmail.comawais1116@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there....i wanted to know how much practice questions one should practice on avg. To pass the cissp exam...
    Thanks