Options

Cisco Packet Tracer not working Windows 7 64 bit system

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I've upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Trying to use Packet Tracer (version 5.3.1) and none of the icons are showing up. I've got it install under C:\ProgramData\Cisco\PacketTracer.

I've looked around online and didn't see any solutions.

Any ideas?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is your windows account an administrator account or is a standard one? I've been running 7 x64 for years and never had a problem wiht Packet Tracer. It shouldn't matter where you put it but it could be the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Packet Tracer 5.3
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm glad too see you are back to studying for CCNA. Let's hope this year we are fortunate enough to get Cisco Certs. Check account and Win7 and make sure you are an admin.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm logged in as Admin (I know, I know...probably not a good thing).

Also I tried to move the current install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Packet Tracer 5.3 and still no go.

I went ahead and did a fresh reinstall and now it appears to be working ok. I will watch it and report back if there are issues.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown