Cert changes to the JNCIP-SEC coming soon

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
Just an FYI for everybody.

On February 15th, 2013 the Juniper Networks Certification Program will replace the existing JN0-632 Security, Professional (JNCIP-SEC) certification exam with the JN0-633 Security, Professional (JNCIP-SEC) exam. This change reflects an update to the exam. However, please note that there is no change to the recommended training courses for the JNCIP-SEC exam.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• MaeltorMaeltor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Aldur, what are the biggest changes in the exam? I'm looking to take this very soon (within 2-3 months). I'm trying to build my lab right now, but its slow going and expensive (junosphere is to expensive for individual mortals, olive can't do flow mode, and used lab kit is hard to source as well).

Thanks!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Have a look at the new exam objectives.

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncip-sec.html

I would say that the most notable additions would be AppSecure, NAT64, and NAT46.

-Bender
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for the update. I noticed they changed the Firewall track today. Totally scrapping the JNCIA-FWV and only having the JNCIS-FWV.
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Finally, screenOS should be end of life anyway.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Thanks to the solid performance of ISG firewalls and the customers who love them, ScreenOS will never go away.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ugh... Sad, but true. But I'm with you on this PsychoFin... I wish ScreenOS would just "go away".
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    The products that run ScreenOS are good products, and many people have gotten use to them over the years. So people tend to stick with what they know, especially if it's a solid product.

I personally enjoy the SRX stuff. :)

-Bender