Options

Port-security

krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
I was following along with CBT nuggets and was testing port-security.

Ran the following on interface f0/4
switchport mode access
switchport port-security 
switchport port-security maximum 1
switchport port-security violation shutdown
switchport port-security mac-address sticky

When I plugged a different device into the port it shutdown like I expected, but now I can't get it to turn back on. I ran 'no' command for all the previous inputs and 'no shutdown' on the interface. How do I get the interface back on? It's currently in an off/off state

Edit: So apparently I need to run 'shutdown' before 'no shutdown' to get it back up. Probably would have never figured that one out if I didn't just accidentally type shutdown
2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]

Comments

• Options
    altdrugzaltdrugz Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, after the err-disabled state you must #shutdown and #no shutdown the interface. I think in CBT nuggets he is saying that, im not sure tho. Im sure that in Odom's book it is described.
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I watched the video again, he didn't mention it. I will read about it in Odom's book though, thank you.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    altdrugzaltdrugz Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ICND1 book page 262. Well its in the end of a paragraph there :P "An interface in err-disabled state requires that someone manually shutdown the interface and then use the no shutdown command to recover the interface" As they say devil is in the details...