Got my ICND1 tomorrow, so worried, advice,help?

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Got my ICND1 tomorrow. Gone through the ODOM book and made notes of all chapters and know them well. Gone through the CBT Nug Vids and worked on a home made lab.

I can subnet fairly quick so no issues there. Still so worried and nervous.

At the moment testing myself on BOSON practice questions. I've had some good days and bads days on BOSON. Just got a feeling that i'll be rushing to finish my exam tomorrow so i dont miss any of the questions.

How would you guys compare the real exam to the BOSON practice exam? As tricky? As difficult?

Comments

• wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow sounds like your ready! Remember not to stress, its not like you can't take it again. I felt nervous for Net+ but I was passing the practice tests 10% above the pass mark and that was exactly the way it went in the exam so not sure why I was worried. Have faith in yourself! How long you been studying for? I've just started studying for ICND1.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    been studying on and off (mostly the latter) for about 6months. Just been absolutely lazy.

Company are paying for it so not sure what i'll be telling them if i fail
    just so worried....

Keep doubting myself
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Boson ExSim Max was a little harder than the actual exam for both ICND1 and 2.

Good luck! It sounds like you're ready.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Beany wrote: »
    been studying on and off (mostly the latter) for about 6months. Just been absolutely lazy.

Company are paying for it so not sure what i'll be telling them if i fail

Hmm well ICND1 doesn't cost much so you could pay the next time, like £85 here I think. You will prob pass though.
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its natural for some people to feel that way before an exam, everyone is different but once you get in there and settle down, you'll feel a whole lot better!

It sounds like you've put the work in, so I'm sure you will be fine!

Let us know how you get on.
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • bardsleybbardsleyb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my ICND1 exam tomorrow as well. I feel your pain, just make sure it doesn't blind you to the point of second guessing yourself on the exam. There have been studies that show, when people do change their answers after second guessing themselves, their first answer was normally the correct one and they ended up changing it to the wrong answer. Just read the questions carefully and move on to ICND2 afterwards! Good luck fellow test taker!
    nXPLOSi wrote: »
    Its natural for some people to feel that way before an exam, everyone is different but once you get in there and settle down, you'll feel a whole lot better!

It sounds like you've put the work in, so I'm sure you will be fine!

Let us know how you get on.

yep i think ive done enough work. What puts me really down is when i'm practicing on the BOSON exams sometimes i mess up the Qs that i should know. Lapse of concentration
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I do the same thing when doing a practice test on Transcender, I tend to rush through the questions and make silly mistakes. I'm sure once your in the exam you'll be totally focused, its hard not to be. icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    You seem to know your stuff so don't worry. It's normal to be nervous but don't let it get in the way. Since you know the material, there won't be any problems, if you stress you're definitely not going to do yourself a favor. Good luck and be confident!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    i hope so peeps. thanks for the replies.
    been trying the practice questions on: 99 Free CCENT ICND1 questions

getting over 90%.. (even though it has repetitive questions)
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Let us know how you do
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    first advice is stop worrying. second get some rest before your test and you will be fine. The test wasn't as bad as i was expecting when i did it and my score was much higher then I predicted it would turn out to be. I felt like I over studied for it actually but I learned a bunch in doing so which is what its all about.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read each Question fully and carefully.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just try not to stress yourself out and get a good nights sleep. GOOD LUCK!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    beany,

I honestly felt the Boson test was harder than my ICND1 exam. No need to be nervous. As others have said just read each question carefully and you will be fine. Those lapses of judgement won't be there on test day. Good luck and I'm sure you will be fine.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Beany, how'd you do? I see you added CCENT to your list of certs, does that mean you passed? What kind of score did you get?
    i got 850. passed. so chuffed. now icnd2
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• hawandaeihawandaei Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure the result was good. now how would you compare that exam to the BOSON practice exam?