Options

Studying MPLS after CCNA

BackToSchoolBackToSchool Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am re-taking my CCNA exam next month (2nd attempt) and I feel better prepared for it this time.

There is a book in my local book shop that is massively reduced, MPLS Fundamentals: A Comprehensive Introduction to MPLS Theory and Practice. I would like to get it but will the subject matter be over my head?

I know MPLS is only really talked about on the CCIE Service Provider paper. Is the jump to Layer 2.5 switching to great for someone without a CCNP or above?

Comments

• Options
    stephanostephano Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommended MPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies, but it might be little overwhelming for fresh ccna brain. Anyway is really good piece of book for starting in MPLS. Stay tight!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Some knowledge beyond CCNA would definitely be a good idea before starting with MPLS. A good solid foundation in routing and forwarding vs control planes is fundemental to understanding MPLS.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    When I get downtime at work I like to read online articles, typically about linux, security, and networking....man MPLS is super interesting! Of course I had to branch out to other technologies being referenced to understand what is going on but I think I might understand it better than some of our network people :)