CISA Certification Confirmation

JayDub211JayDub211 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whats up guys!

Hope all is well. as an update, I got confirmed and I'm now officially a CISA. The app process took about 2 weeks. I just had work experience no schooling so that's why it went quick.

Did anyone else get certified already?

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!

The ISACA app review process is such a mystery to me. I think my CISM took a week last time around. I fully expect my CRISC to take the full 6 weeks.
  • numberfivenumberfive Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last year my CISA application was received on 13-Feb and on 1-Mar I was awarded with designation.
  • DavefromMDDavefromMD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my application on 4/2 evening. I got certified e-mail on 4/19. Just two weeks. Submitted the form, MS degree certificate, PMP certificate and the payment proof, scanned and sent them by e-mail. I just listed my current job of about 4 years and not previous ones. Claimed 3 years for education. I have security and IS audit experience.
  • bmacbmac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted mine by email on 19th Feb. Nothing yet but it has been acknowledge on 'My Certifications'. Going by the others it wont take too long hopefully.
  • mahalanobismahalanobis Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everybody. On 04/Feb I sent all the documents requested for CISA certification application and did not have an answer until now. I sent other e-mails after that requesting any confirmation but none was answered. For me is not easy to call through the telephone, as I live overseas. May I do something about that? Thanks.
    Hello mahalanobis and welcome to TE.

Your second best method to track your status after email is to check your ISACA account. After you login, select the "My ISACA" tab and click on "myCertifications". You will be able to track the status there. ISACA reserves a 6 week processing time but I believe that it normally takes about 3 weeks.
    Thanks! The status did not change until now: "Certification Status: Not Certified - Exam Result: Pass (Dec 2012)". I will wait a little more...
    Hmmm. There should be something in there that says something like "Application submitted" or "Application under review". That would be a good confirmation that your application is confirmed as received.

Also - don't forget that you have to pay the USD$50 application fee as well.
    Application paid on 04/Feb. I sent PDF files attached to the e-mail with payment confirmation (USD$50), fulfilled forms and my engineering master degree diploma.
  • DavefromMDDavefromMD Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello mahalanobis,

I submitted on 4/2 and next day the status displayed application received. Couple of days later it displayed Application complete and submitted to review Board. A week later changed to
    "2013 Renewal Status

[TH][/TH]
    [TH]Payment Received?[/TH]
    [TH]CPE Hours Reported?[/TH]
    [TH]Certified Through *[/TH]
    [TH]Status[/TH]
    [TH]Certification Number[/TH]
    [TH]Certification Date[/TH]

CISA
    < Renewal Complete >
    ACTIVE
    xxxxxxx
    xx-xx-2013

* Certified Through year is subject to advancing on the next business day after all renewal requirements are met.
    "

So, send an e-mail and see why the status has not changed. Good luck
    Finally, after sending the application documents on 04/02 and 22/02, along with other messages asking for a position, they answered today telling they did not receive the application. Then, I sent it today again to certification@isaca.org and directly to the e-mail of the person that answered me. Now, I am monitoring the certification status all the time to see if it changes ASAP! Still on "Not Certified..." Thanks!
  • bmacbmac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine has been approved today (application sent 19 Feb), still says I do not hold a certifications so that will be the next bit. Not taken too long at all really.

Edit: - All Complete. Seems to take a few hours to go from complete to certified.
  • ciphercodesciphercodes Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had submitted my application on Feb 07 and I received confirmation email on Feb 12. My application status is still Unreviewed.
    I called ISACA Certificate Coordinator and was informed that this year they have lots of applications to verify which is why it is taking long.
    I am in no rush, just wanted to update others who still haven't have their application verified and approved.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    To everyone who has passed CISA, how has it helped your career?
    For me its too early to say as I am still waiting for getting the application approved but I would like to add that studying for CISA has helped me refresh my CISSP and CISM knowledge.

I will have a better idea when I update my resume icon_wink.gif.
  • cyclinglencyclinglen Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my Feb 27. Still showing "unreviewed."
  • teemanteeman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ Cyclinglen, we are in the same boat I submitted on the the 26th Feb still unreviewed.I guess we were late to submit our applications.I have CISSP I thought it was going to be quicker(as other guys), but I guess they just pile the applications as they come and attend to them on a first come first saved basis.I have now concluded that I will not write any more ISACA exams .Somebody mentioned that they received a lot of applications this year, thus why its take a bit long.May we should just the "good" students and wait for the 8 weeks icon_silent.gif .
  • sarge3sarge3 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine is not certified exam result pass and application status approved for a few days now. We will see when I get the email.
    I had submitted my application on Feb 07 and I received confirmation email on Feb 12. My application status is still Unreviewed.
    I called ISACA Certificate Coordinator and was informed that this year they have lots of applications to verify which is why it is taking long.
    I am in no rush, just wanted to update others who still haven't have their application verified and approved.

My application was approved today, just received confirmation via email.