Passed MTA: Security

valondonvalondon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed MTA: Security Fundamentals yesterday with an 86. I was wondering, how much does it relate to CompTIA's Security+ cert? The MTA was rather easy, even with a few Microsoft specific questions that I was unsure about.

MTASecurity_zps3226d3e9.png
A+, MTA: Networking, Net+, MTA: Security, MTA: OS Fundamentals, Security+

Comments

• jonesjj510jonesjj510 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    valondon,

What study material did you use for the MTA's you've passed?
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I was thinking about taking this exam but I would like to look through the book to see the information. Are you going to take any other MTA exams?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • valondonvalondon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I was thinking about taking this exam but I would like to look through the book to see the information. Are you going to take any other MTA exams?

I'm thinking about the software development one. The one that test C# programming.
    jonesjj510 wrote: »
    valondon,

What study material did you use for the MTA's you've passed?

Honestly, I have never specifically studied for an MTA. I picked up my Networking MTA while preparing for CompTIA's Net+ and I just took the Security MTA because I'm about to take the Security+ test in a few weeks. The only MTA that won't fall into this category is the C# one that I might take. And that's not something you really study for, just know from experience programming.
    A+, MTA: Networking, Net+, MTA: Security, MTA: OS Fundamentals, Security+