Exam Advise

tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
All, my CCNA is going to expire in April, I understand if I write and pass a CCNP exam, it will renew my CCNA. Any advise on which exam to look at? and how long I have to complete my CCNP before it all expires?

Switch
Route
Troubleshoot

I have a full Cisco lab (6509's - IOS, 3550's, 3725's,3745's,3660's, and 2621's) so I think I am good for hardware for a lab, but would like any advise you have on direction, and also which book's to pick up?

I am specialized on the HP Networking but want to keep my options open incase something were to change.
ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you are working on the HP stuff then you probably have a better grasp on L2 switching so I would look at the SWITCH exam first since you have a limited time frame.

As far as material, look into the Foundation Learning Guide from Cisco Press.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I should add mostly L3 with both the ProCurve and 3Com/H3C products, with heavy OSPF, and BGP routing environments, and currently hold my HP ASE for network infastructure.
    ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
    ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well then the oposite of what I said above! Look into the ROUTE exam.

If you get really pressed for time you might be able to knock out the CCNA Security or something like that to renew your CCNA.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    I would do ROUTE as well. I actually enjoyed studying for that one. SWITCH was a PITA to study for but the test was pretty easy.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.