Options

Need Information On The CompTIA Student Discount Program...

coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
Good afternoon everyone. I'm presently a full time student at one of the City Colleges of Chicago and just found out that CompTIA provides discounts for students taking their exams. My school offers a course on A+, but I'm currently just taking the classes I need to get my Associates in CIS. Does anyone know how I could verify if my school is a partner with CompTIA and if so how would I be able to obtain the discount on the vouchers? This info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
Completion Date: May 2021

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Found Press Releases > CompTIA Expands Partner Program to Academic Community on CompTIA site. You would probably need to talk to your instructor or an admin at your school to find out if they are a partner but if they specifically state the course is A+ material then they probably (actually may be required to be) are partners.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Here is the course I'm referring to that CCC offers for students City Colleges of Chicago - A+Certified Computer Technician Basic Certificate. One of the schools also serves as a testing center. I just sent an email to someone I was working with early this semester to get me in a class so hopefully she can either give me a yay or nay or lead me to greener pastures. It would be nice only have to pay $160 for take the A+ and $125 for Net+.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It says here that CCC is a CompTIA as well as a Cisco partner
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    It says here that CCC is a CompTIA as well as a Cisco partner

Great find. This should be a no brainer then. Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Finally was able to get the info from someone in the know at my school. The A+ will be $200(both exams) and Net+ will be $150. I got 2 months left of class and I plan on knocking these out before the semester is over.