Oracle 11g

dwadwa Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
want to start with databases and my choice is oracle ... i know nothing about databases :)
can you guys give me advice for books and videos,for database administrator

Thanks

Comments

• crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    dwa wrote: »
    want to start with databases and my choice is oracle ... i know nothing about databases :)
    can you guys give me advice for books and videos,for database administrator

Oracle exams are very hard icon_sad.gif

I recommend you as first exam Exam 1Z0-051 Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I. You will find several books on Amazon and a CBT Nuggets video training.
  • FlemethFlemeth Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is that hard ? What the average fail rate for the exam ? What exactly is hard part at the exam ?

I m asking because i remember people said LPIC1 is hard and it proved to be easy . Atm i m learning for the second exam on Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer and i started with 0 SQL knowledge and yes i had allot to learn but i would not call the exam very hard.
  • dwadwa Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Flemeth wrote: »
    Is that hard ? What the average fail rate for the exam ? What exactly is hard part at the exam ?

I m asking because i remember people said LPIC1 is hard and it proved to be easy . Atm i m learning for the second exam on Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer and i started with 0 SQL knowledge and yes i had allot to learn but i would not call the exam very hard.

Can you tell me which books you used to prepare for 051 and 052? and other materials ... thanks

Oracle doesn't publish statistics. You must know that MySQL5 Dev exams was made by MySQL AB (even not Sun). Oracle didn't modify those exams. Also Sun Solaris exams was easier back then, than now with Oracle.

What is hard? When you read a "SQL Fundamentals I" study guide, you need to know and understand everything 100%. For example LPIC1 and LPIC2 exams you can pass even when you don't understand 100% of the study guide.
    Can you tell me which books you used to prepare for 051 and 052? and other materials ... thanks

Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer != 051 or 052
  • dwadwa Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer != 051 or 052

051 = SQL Fundamentals I, 052 = Administration I
    051 = SQL Fundamentals I, 052 = Administration I

Amazon.com: SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051

Amazon.com: Administration I 1Z0-052

I used Oracle Press, Oracle Certification Prep (short before exam) and Sybex
    good to know , no plans for this in the near future but maybe at the end of the year i ll start preparing for it aswell