Not worried anymore, Passed ICND1!

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Morning peeps,

took my ICND1 this morning at 10am, was sh*tting bricks but I passed with a score of 850. I was so nervous. Had about 7mins left couldnt wait to get out of there.

Many thanks to people on this forum that helped me with advice and info. Thanks to this awesome site for the resources.

Study material:

Cisco Guide
Home Live Lab
Subnetting
CBTNuggets
subnettingquestions.com
ccentquestions.com

I can take a break for a few days now then onto ICND2!!!!

:)

Comments

• mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great Job. If you don't mind me asking what is your home lab like ?
    I sit for my CCENT in April. I am useing Packet Tracer for my lab stuff.

Congrats on the pass.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    Great Job. If you don't mind me asking what is your home lab like ?
    I sit for my CCENT in April. I am useing Packet Tracer for my lab stuff.

Congrats on the pass.

simple,

1x 2950 switch
    2x 2811 routers (got these from work)
    1x 2600 routers
  • HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. Thanks for the recommendation on study material. Added to list!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!ICND2 is harder so good luck icon_thumright.gif
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Would you say ccentquestions.com is a 'good' resource? I'm able to easily answer most of those (90% my first time through, flew through it) but don't feel anywhere near ready for the exam yet
    For 'select one' type of questions on ICND1, ccentquestions is a good website to practice.
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Well done manicon_cheers.gif
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
    so i'll be planning for my ICND2 studying from next week and was wondering what material to choose. Do you guys think i should carry on studying from Wendell Odoms material, which i did for ICND1, or is there better material out there for me to try?

What current edition is the Wendell Odom ICND2 book?

Also, i used CBTNuggets for ICND1, should i add Chris Bryant videos to the mix too?

any advice will be appreciated
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on psss!!!
  • havenladhavenlad Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Chris Bryant goes in way too deep and you end up wondering "do I really need to know this?" Jeremy is the opposite - you won't fall asleep but he does miss out quite a bit. Good for a broad overview.

Wendell's book is the best IMO. Get s it spot on and seems to miss nothing. Bit heavy but I think it has to be
  • kmusk01kmusk01 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me for ICND2 I used the following in this order:
    - Jeremy with CBTNuggets
    - Read Odem's ICND2 book
    - Took Chris Bryant's course at udemy.com

Of the 3 I think Chris gave me the most useful info. I say start with Jeremy as he does a very good job of explaining things, but lacks some details. Chris does go into detail, but some of that detail was on the exam. Odem for me was last, as its just dry to read, but is needed.

Good luck :)

Ken~
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • PalesalettaPalesaletta Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I envy u hey but then its a motivation indeed.