Options

Passed CCNA Voice 640-461

Killed it on this test. Passed with 976/1000. The 640-461 Cisco Press book is enough to pass but I was well prepared due to my job experience. I found it easier than the CCNA but I work on CUCM/CUC/CUPS/CUxAC much more than routers and switches these days.

I have an interview next week with Cisco for a Unified Communications Engineer position so adding this my resume will certainly help.

Comments

• Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome is the word. Well done and congrats. Good luck with the job interview.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice score and congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    rchase wrote: »
    Nice job. Congrats man. UC Engineer for Cisco? Gold

Yes, looking forward to the interview. I know a few people that work there as well and that never hurts.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    Congrats and good luck on the interview!
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    can you share with us some study tips and recommendations?
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    congrats! How did the interview go?
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Made it through two rounds and then got cut. The position was supporting a single large customer that runs CME only and I didn't have any real world experience with Express.

I applied for a different position (still Voice related) and am getting ready to start the interview process for it. Hopefully I will have better luck this time.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry about it, just keep going, someone is going to give you a chance. I was cut as well for a job after two interviews, i was actually very happy as i really didn't want the job in the end, they said they had some doubts about me, i thanked them for their invitation and the chance. It was a stressful job at a stock exchange company and i prefer relaxed environments besides who wants to be sued for something that could probably not be your fault anyway. They paid well but i rather get a good night sleep and not look like am 60 after 4 months :p.

Good luck and enjoy the process
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]