Bad Transceivers?

Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
Is there some easy way to tell if I have bad ethernet transceivers?

I think that must be the case, cause I cant get any of the ethernet connections to come between either my 2600-2501 or 2501-2501.

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you have the ones with the keep alive test switch on the side, make sure it is off. It is an easy mistake to make.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    yeah, i tried bothon and off just to make sure, and a variety of cables, but nothing is working.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Lights, cables, switches..... what kind of transceiver?

Look for the link light...

Are the routers plugged into a switch, or back to back (straight thru or cross-over cable).

And yep -- those tiny little switche(s) probably hiding somewhere on the transceiver. I've got a CentreCom 210TS and a CentreCom 210T that are both working with the single switch in the off position. And I have several other brands with multiple switches I could check if you don't have a CentreCom.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just popped on a CentreCOM 210TS with the SQE Test Switch in the on position... and other than the SQE TEST LED being on -- still worked.

Both? as in both switches? Not a CentreCOM?

And what about the lights -- you don't want to head for the light.... but you probably want to see some -- power, link, collision, jabber, sqe test, polarity, transmit/receive.... etc. power & link now being the big 2.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!