Security+ pass!

lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
Seems like there have been a lot of success stories lately...chalk up another one!

I read Darril Gibson's book and watched some of the Professor Messor videos for reinforcement. I'm a linux/windows sys admin so I found the test to be very easy.

Darril's book is great for ways to attack the test. As others have noted, some of the questions are very silly. Like most exams I've encountered, a lot of questions have that ONE keyword that dictates the answer. Also just by looking at the answers you can knock out half instantly because they don't fit the scope of the question.

Comments

• illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I appreciate the insights on the exam. I just got Darril's book on Tuesday and I'm scheduled to take the exam in 30 days.
  • ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just got the book yesterday, looking forward to it.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Thanks y'all!

illuminus, you're on the right path. When you put the pen to paper and set a date, you will be more motivated to get it done.

To elaborate a little further on what I was talking about...some examples are if you see "server" related to an I[P/D]S question, think HIPS. Conversely if you see "network", think NIPS. Be able to distinguish between TFTP/SFTP/FTPS.

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice pass! You are becoming a true cert collector! :)
  • KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Follow the book and 30 days is plenty of time to study and crush the test. Good luck, amigo.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @lsud, Congrats on the pass! Great insight on looking at keywords. Good luck with your next adventure.

@illuminus, Good luck on the exam. Feel free to post any questions you have before taking the exam and we'd love to hear about your success after you pass the exam.