VMUG Advantage offer

ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
Received in mail today:

VMUG : VMUG Advantage
Limited Time Offer: FREE VCP Certification Exam Voucher!

Sign up by May 15th, 2013 and receive one FREE VCP Certification Exam Voucher (a $225 to $400 value, depending on the exam).

A 1-year subscription to VMUG Advantage is just $200 for individual members and corporate packages start at $180 per individual.
“You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
- discounted vouchers for certs

Comments

• ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Basically, you get a VCP exam with a discount + a bunch of other benefits (free online courses + discounts for other VMware offerings (training, software, VMworld))
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice find! Wish this was good for the VCAP's too icon_sad.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wonder if this is good for a VCAP exam... if so I'm all over it.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Ditto, please tell me its valid for VCP Cloud or VCAP icon_twisted.gif
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    It does say from $225 to $400, so that seems to encompass the price of the VCAP exams.
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a VMUG member (of the non-paid variety) and I was wondering if it is possible to qualify for a VCP certification if you join. The free online training + the voucher? The only reason that I have not pursued the VCP is because of the class requirement.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm not an expert but I am positive VMUG is not a "qualifying VMware authorized course". Have you seen the other thread about the Stanly course? That is the absolute best deal we are aware of to satisfy the training requirement for the VCP.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    QHalo wrote: »
    It does say from $225 to $400, so that seems to encompass the price of the VCAP exams.

I emailed VMUG. This voucher offer does NOT cover VCAP tests, it is only good for the various flavors of VCP.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    well hope the next VMworld will have some decent offers, more time to study
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    I emailed VMUG. This voucher offer does NOT cover VCAP tests, it is only good for the various flavors of VCP.

Thanks for reaching out to VMUG about this. What VCP exam costs $400? Every VCP exam that I looked at runs between $150 and $225. Does anybody know if the 20% exam discount they offer works on the VCAP exams? Talk about a throwing a wrench in my plans. Must do more research next time. =)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
    Maybe it costs $400 in some countries? The discount only applies to VCP exams, no VCAP ones. When I took the VCP course at UCSC last year, the instructor provided us with vouchers that knocked off 25% off the VCAP's and the VCP's, but the vouchers were only good for 2012. There arent any similar promotions running at the moment though icon_sad.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• AussieKevAussieKev Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking to take the VCP510 exam within the next two months. I am also enrolled in the Stanly course. Should I grab this offer or wait for something better to come along? Is there any guarantee of getting a discount on the exam after completing the Stanly course?
    That discount is usually a promotion and may not be running at this time. Ask your instructor, he'll know.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    Thanks for finding out and reporting back.

FWIW, I filled out a VMUG survey today and asked for inclusion of VCAP discount in the VMUG Advantage offer. I'd like to think that if we create enough demand they will entertain the idea...

GetCertified4Less