New here, hope to get my CCNA this year!

essg88essg88 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, This is my first post on this site. Lots of very helpful and useful information here. I have been involved in IT now for several years and hope to get my CCNA this year. I want to take the two test method and will go for the ICND1 first. I have looked all over and cant seem to find, but I am wondering if there are different weights to each topic? Meaning, should I focus more on one exam topic then another? I want to make sure I put all of my attention toward which will be counted the most. Thank you.

Comments

• JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    I bought every book during my studies. I read Todd's CCNA book, Odom's ICDN1/2 books, and the Cisco Press 1/2 books. I think Todd's book did the best job preparing you for actual work in the field, but I thought the Cisco Press books were more geared towards the actual test. So, IMO, if you want the best book for passing the test, its Cisco Press. If you want the book best for preparing for the test and actual work in the field, I liked Todd's.

Of course, you can read all 5 like I did. Good luck in your studies either way!

J
  • johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    essg88 wrote: »
    Hello, This is my first post on this site. Lots of very helpful and useful information here. I have been involved in IT now for several years and hope to get my CCNA this year. I want to take the two test method and will go for the ICND1 first. I have looked all over and cant seem to find, but I am wondering if there are different weights to each topic? Meaning, should I focus more on one exam topic then another? I want to make sure I put all of my attention toward which will be counted the most. Thank you.

I bet subnetting is the most frequently asked topic in icnd1.
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    same as Jason.. lol I bought every book but having fun in the process in learning. That is the key enjoy doing it and everything will be fine.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Good advice - ICND1 has a lot of subnetting.Also you will benefit from learning about MAC addresses and how the switches handle them. For ICND2 you're gonna need ACLs and NAT among other things like WAN technologies.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.