Options

Next Certification...?

rpo5015rpo5015 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just recently passed my CISA, thank god that's over but now I'm debating what I should take next. Just to give you a little background I am an IT Auditor that holds SSCP, N+, S+, NSTISSI-4011.

I was debating the CEHv8, ECSA, OSCP and GPEN. My linux/scripting skills are pretty much nonexistent, can you guys recommend what might be some good prerequisites or maybe other certs all together? I am pretty much still a noob, less than 2 years out of college :).

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I wouldn't recommend EC-Council certifications. I took the CEH recently and thought it was a job. The coursework involved learning a lot of outdated tools and it was really easy but I didn't really see it as a practical exam for the real world.

IF you're not great with Linux or scripting, OSCP might be a little above your head but you can try it out. It might just take you a lot longer to get that exam. GPEN would be pretty good too.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat as well. I'm not really doing a lot of networking lately. I'll probably continue on the Cisco track or try a GIAC cert