Which book can I use for SKO-003?

cserran07cserran07 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, this is my first post (at least for a long time). I'm planning on studying for the Server+ SKO-003. The reason why is because I need it for a job position I'm applying to in about 2 months and they asked me to study this. Unfortunately I've had a hard time finding a book for the current SKO-003 exam.

The only ones I've seen for SKO-003 are the Concise Server+ Study Guide by Jonathan Lau and the Server+ by LearnSmart. Do you recommend any of these? My preferred choice would be a Kindle/E-book edition because I live in Costa Rica and that would be the fastest/best way for me to start studying. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    If you can get the LearnSmart PDF, your Kindle should open it-- you'll probably need to transfer it from a PC via USB.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • cserran07cserran07 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure, getting the digital book isn't a problem. Which book would you recommend for this certification? Jonathan Lau's book or LearnSmart's book? Or maybe another one. Thank you.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Server+ is a book that everyone has trouble finding good study materials for
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Server+ is a book that everyone has trouble finding good study materials for

^ this! icon_rolleyes.gif
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • mjohnson2mjohnson2 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These 3 books is all you really need.

The Concise Server+ Study Guide by Jonathan Lau

LearnSmart CompTIA Server+

Sybex Study Guide Second Edition

And make sure to learn about RAIDs and also about backups.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Dr.GonzoDr.Gonzo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a Kindle Fire and found Jonathan Lau's Server+ book for about $10 but you have to have a Kindle to get it. The book is alright, but the if you have experience or have already taken other CompTia exams (A+, Sec+ for example) the test is kind of a rehash of a lot of that stuff...but yes, I agree it is tough to find good study material for the exam...if you have a Kindle, get Lau's book, even though it's not anywhere near the quality of Darril's book, it was more than enough for me to pass the exam.
  • lawrence_of_arabialawrence_of_arabia Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That big, ugly, spiral-bound text from axzo express was the best one I could find, it's on amazon for around 40 bucks. If you can get a hold of the CBT nuggets, they were very helpful as well.. Some may disagree, but I would recommend not underestimating the exam. It was more difficult than I thought it would be; however, I feel that having been a sys admin for only two months now, I could pass it with my eyes closed..
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am personally using CBT Nuggets Server+. He states that he is going over the exam objectives for -002, but the exam objectives are for -003. So Idk. Either way, I score under 60% for my practice tests for Server+ through SkillPort and through tests I find on the internet. So this should atleast help compliment some weaknesses I do have.

CBT Nuggets is 'decent', I havent seen many CBT nugget videos, but I hear they are pretty good and people usually get certified just using them.

Hope this helps!
    Kindly doing the needful
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Trainsignal also has Server+ videos and they are half the cost of CBT Nuggets, so that's another resource to consider.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • ginopo01ginopo01 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello guys I found CBT Nuggets video but is 2009 still valid or is a new version please let me know thank you so much