Exam tomorrow

t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd say thanks for everyone's tips, hopefully I have enough preparation! I've sat 3000+ questions and did a 250 question set 4-5 times and will do one last test today and take it easy for the second half of the day.

Just listening to the Eric Cole SANS webcast again to refresh some of the key points.

All I've done is eat sleep CISSP last couple months!

Here is what I've learnt to prepare:

1. Look for discriminators
2. Look for 50/50 questions to narrow down the selectin
3. Look for most inclusive answers
4. Look for the least sucky answer icon_smile.gif
5. Think like a Manager
6. Think technical
7. If I get this far, I haven't prepared enough or its a sample question

Comments

• moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Seems like you have done a lot of preparation, all the best and keep us posted icon_thumright.gif
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Do some brief review on your notes, but don't stress yourself out the day before. Relax, play some tetris, get a few good meals in, and get some sleep tonight. Oh yeah...and good luck icon_thumright.gif
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys

And the_hutch, was thinking I should do some sudoku challenges icon_wink.gif to get the brain stimulated
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    You will do great.

Best of luck to you !
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Sodoku works too. I've just always heard that you should do something mentally engaging, but not mentally exhausting (like last minute cramming) the day prior. Always has worked well for me.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Take your time, eliminate the obvious BS answers and read the question a couple of times to make sure you understand it.

Good luck!
    Hi Guys,

I thought I'd let you know that I pulled off the inevitable and passed the CISSP exam!! Such a relief, now can spend some time with the family.

Thanks to all for the advice and pointers!!
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome!!!! Congrats! How did you feel about it? Hard, easy ok?

Also, I agree with the "spend time with the family" part too......my studying took about three months away from them LOL
    Thanks, it wasn't too bad actually, felt like I over prepared but when your in the dark in terms of what to expect that will always be the case. I definitely concur on the Manager mindset. I finish the questions in half the time and spent the second half reviewing my responses with a Manager hat on which I think did the trick.

Lol exactly, I hardly saw my family! I think kids are happy to have their dad back lol
  • kashmokashmo Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the write up! I've had a similiar study plan to yours, haven't been able to give time to my wife and kids for the last couple of months, and I have my test scheduled for next week. Like you said, it really messes with you when you don't know what to expect. Losing some sleep. Glad you felt like the fact that being prepared made it not so bad.
  • lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats on passing the exam.
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations...icon_cheers.gif...