Start my studying for 70-410 this week, setup?

Hi,

im planning on starting my self-studying for the 70-410 and thw taking exam shortly.

I would like to know what you peeps have done to set up a lab for this exam?

what server? what spec server? what windows 2012 software edition?

ta

Comments

• gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, like you im also studying for the 70-410 exam. Im using my sony vaio laptop with a 7200rpm HD 8gb RAM and a i3 quad core CPU. I have 3 x Win Server 2012, 1 x Win8, 1 x Win7, 1 x Win Server 2012 Hyper-V Server. I have been able to create a domain controller with dns, 2 dhcp with load balancing and fault tolerance, and manage the hyper-v server from windows 8 using the RSAT admin tools. I wont deny that its runs somewhat slow because of the hard drive but I can practice with safety. Im using virtualbox due to its small footprint and ease of use. If you can get an SSD to speed things up.

Good luck!!!

BTW Im using the Datacenter edition but for studying purposes you can use the standard one. The Hyper-V Server is free so you can download it.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    gabypr wrote: »
    Hi, like you im also studying for the 70-410 exam. Im using my sony vaio laptop with a 7200rpm HD 8gb RAM and a i3 quad core CPU. I have 3 x Win Server 2012, 1 x Win8, 1 x Win7, 1 x Win Server 2012 Hyper-V Server. I have been able to create a domain controller with dns, 2 dhcp with load balancing and fault tolerance, and manage the hyper-v server from windows 8 using the RSAT admin tools. I wont deny that its runs somewhat slow because of the hard drive but I can practice with safety. Im using virtualbox due to its small footprint and ease of use. If you can get an SSD to speed things up.

Good luck!!!

BTW Im using the Datacenter edition but for studying purposes you can use the standard one. The Hyper-V Server is free so you can download it.

wow, a lot of virtual machines. Did you use VMWARE for virtualisation or Hyper V?
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im using virtual box it has smaller footprint and its free.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter