Options

Wendell Odem Thrid Edition Questions and concerns.

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Team,
I plan to sit for the CCENT or ICND1 in April. I took the CCNA exam and failed eariler this month and decided to do the two test route. Anyway, I have the Third Edtion Cert Libary and I have installed both CD's on my Laptop and spend 2 hours every few days going over the questions. My main concern is that the questions on the CD so far have been multiple choice and nothing else. Plus I have to spend an Extra 50 bucks to down load the full version of Network Simulator if I want to the labs.

I was wondering from those folks who have bought the Boston CCENT or CCNA practice Exams how they compare with Odem's exams ? For Instance, From what I have read on this board it sounds like the Boston Exam has Multiple Choice question, Simlet ( drag and drop questions ) CLI sims ( Command line Interface ) questions just like the real exam. The Boston CCNA 640-802 is $279 bucks and I am am looking to see if U need to drop that kind of money.For CLI stuff I have Packet Tracker and I love youtube.

So in closeing I would love for anyone who has used the both Odems materials and Boston Exam material to give me there thoughts on which is a better stdy resourse.

Thanks in advance
Mgmguy1
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This may be a silly question, but have you read the book? Personally, practice tests can be useless if you haven't learned the material.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Two hours on the test everyday is overkill. At this point you have probably memorized all of the answers.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How about you try some different test and do some labs?

Boson practice exams is highly recommended around here.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    MeasureUp also has some good practice tests, FYI

J