Help- Getting Frustrated

jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok Guys I need your help...
I have a host system windows 7 home premium 32 bits (with all patches up to date).
I installed virtualbox for windows 32 bits. My intention is to virtualize Fedora with virtualbox.
INstalled Virtualbox and added the ISO image for Fedora. VM boots and let me install Fedora. HOwever in the last part of the installation it asks to reboot the VM in order to complete the installation... press reboot .. and Windows throws an error window saying the virtualbox application has stopped working and needs to be closed.
Closed VirtualBOx in the next boot of Fedora is like no installation happened.
Any clues in why virtualbox is crashing?

Thanks

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Have you checked event viewer application logs? That might give you some insight into the crashing...

I have a personal preference for WMware Player over MS Virtualbox...Player is free so check that out if Virtualbox keeps giving you problems.
  • jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes. The logs mention something about a faulting module in virtualbox and a memory address..
    Try to install vmware player for win 32 bits. But it threw an error message that the machine doesn't meet the requirements to install vmware player :S.
    I am thinking maybe the vmware player installer for 32/64 bits OS is really only for 64 bits....
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    What processor does your machine have? Also how old is it? If this is a machine that's been upgraded it's possible the hardware and/or BIOS doesn't support virtualization.

Edit: I know this doesn't dictate the ability to run VM's, but it's a fact that there are some machines that just cannot do it
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    If I'm not misatken some Intel processors require something to be enabled in the bios before some VMs can be installed. That may be only for 64 bit VMs though....