Passed the CASP

da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
Well today I took the CASP and I passed...

To be honest I feel this is a worth while test and will gain credability in the future. I work at the division level for the military (enterprise in civilian) and I thought the scenarios were all high level scenarios that you would have to truly have some experience under your belt to really answer. They are tricky in a way that you would need to understand who the responsibility of risk really falls on. A lot of times we self impose the burden of risk but when its all said and done few of us will have to answer to a courtroom about the risks taken by our company.

All in all I was suprised with the difficulty of this test. Having completed the CompTIA triad and seeing a familiarity amongst the three I honestly expected similar of the CASP. I received eight performance based questions and was only expecting four or five.

None the less glad thats over with and on to CISSP in a couple of months......

Comments

• sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It was more difficult than I was expecting as well.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with CISSP
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Congrats.

what are performance based questions? In virtual Linux or Windows system complete tasks?
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Performance based questions are just a simulation of some task; like fix a firewall or review a topology and look over the logs to identify where an attack is coming from and identify how to stop attack.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • TrainingCampTrainingCamp Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the CASP! Good luck on the CISSP as well. It's a long test!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

And please, no more detailed discussion of the CASP exam's content here.
    Roger that, and thank you icon_thumright.gif
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    So, the Sybex book is all you need???
    Thanks, I don't know that I would say its all you need.... Sigsoldier and both agreed that the book was poorly written. I would say that you could use that in conjunction with another but definitely not sybex alone.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    OK.
    Thanks for the advice.
    It is appreciated.