Options

Does a Computer sales person at Best buy count as experience

avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was recently hired at best buy to sell computer crap, Geek Squad was currently filled and they needed help there. They told me they plan on putting me over there.( One day ). So I want to know If working in the computer department selling stuff really counts as experience as I have NONE. I'm willing to stick it out if it helps , cause the pay is CRAP. I have a Son and bills and 9.25/hr /part time ain't cutting it, but I can try n make it work for a few months. esp if this will help in the long run.

Comments

• Options
    listen very carefully to what I have to say. Geek Squad is also about sales, just as PCHO. If you go into GS from sales, you have that edge. You will also be more qualified for a Cadet position because they do mostly in store fixes and some follow homes, but because Cadets are stationed in PCHO, they do what more than anything? PC sales!!! (and @like $17/hr too)
  • Options
    oh and to answer you question, yes.
  • Options
    oh and to answer you question, yes.

Thanks....This is what I care about the most, if its looked at as experience

. whats PCHO?
  • Options
    avx wrote:
    whats PCHO?

PC/Home Office department
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to have to reject this job....the pay just ain't worth it and I cannot live off it.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    avx wrote:
    Well, I'm going to have to reject this job....the pay just ain't worth it and I cannot live off it.

With no experience and only A+ it's going to be very hard to find something that pays much more. How much are you expecting to make?
  • Options
    TeKniques wrote:
    avx wrote:

With no experience and only A+ it's going to be very hard to find something that pays much more. How much are you expecting to make?

at least $10/hr.. Full time...... I have a kid and other bills that I have to take care of. and 9.25/hr, with about 20 - 25 hours a week just ain't cutting it. I'm not expecting to start off with a big time job, so I'll just wait until I get some more certs and try again. but in the mean time I'll just find another warehouse job icon_sad.gif.
  • Options
    pcrepairguypcrepairguy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are other contract jobs out there. Grab 'em so you can build your resume around it. You may start off with low pay but the more experienced you get the better.
    Why read "Impossible" Just read it "I M Possible" -- A.I. (not Iverson;)
  • Options
    There are other contract jobs out there. Grab 'em so you can build your resume around it. You may start off with low pay but the more experienced you get the better.

Yeah, I mean I already expected less than 13/hr..but ain't the same time I have a family to take care of. I'm still in school, but i'm not a college kid per say.
  • Options
    boostedtc24boostedtc24 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, unfortuneatly the majority of jobs we will come across will be low pay and part-time, even with an A+ certification. The A+ is an entry level certificate. Entry level certifications = entry level jobs. We have to start somewhere, however, in order to gain experience.