I passed my ITIL Foundation Exam

falkomalkofalkomalko Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my ITIL Foundation Exam that I took just before Christmas. This site is such a great resource :D

Book that helped was Sybex ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide, think I will now look into Comptia Network+

Comments

• AnFgarAnFgar Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • GoldenKnightGoldenKnight Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Was that the only book/resource you used?
    Master of Science - Information Technology, Bachelor of Arts - Information Science, PMP Project Management Professional, CAPM Certified Associate in Project Management, MCP Microsoft Certified Professional, Six Sigma White Belt
  • MeditatorMeditator Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I definitely recommend Sybex ITIL Foundation Exam Study guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris

I used this book - went through all the chapters at least once then do Questions/ answers a few times until I get the whole ideas. No other resource needed to pass this exam for me. At first it was difficult to understand, then I started linking what I read w/ my experiences both technical and non-technical sides.
  • jottojotto Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    About how long did you study with this book prior to taking the exam?
  • MeditatorMeditator Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About a month, I could have done it a bit sooner- but I wanted to make sure I know it well enough.
  • NivakuNivaku Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much was the exam voucher? Also I only have a PearsonVUE available, do they offer it with them? Is ITIL-F a lifetime certification or does it need to be taken every 3 years or so?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When I took it in 2010 it was lifetime.
  • ayanroyayanroy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,
    I cleared ITIL Foundation.
    Now planning to do ITIL Intermediate SO
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! SO is a good course, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the book reference. The mouse wants me to get this cert ASAP.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+