Passed

robla300robla300 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Passed the CISSP exam today, first attempt.
Background: 19 years experience in IT, 7 in IT Audit (including IT Sec), holder of several MS and ITIL certifications.

I read 3 books: Shon Harris "4th edition", Krutz's "Cissp prep guide" and 11th hour (twice).
Studied for almost 6 months with a decent study plan: 1-3 hours per day, last month 3-4 hours per day, 6-8 hours for weekends.
During the study I was taking notes (ended up with 20 pages core material for refreshing my memory).

Used cccure (payed tests), as well as other free tests which can be found on Internet.
As other posters said the real exam was a bit different than practice tests (I was expecting more technical questions).

At the end I 've got an impression that I was over prepared.
Finished the first 125 questions in almost 2.5 hours, than took a short break.
Answered all the questions in 5 hours with 30 minutes for final review (changed few questions only). In general, the majority of questions were fairly constructed and straightforward (from the perspective of a non english native speaker candidate).

Regards,

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on your pass! What's next for you? I'm working on my CISSP right now and hope to test by the end of June.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, that's quite an achievement. I have the CISSP in my crosshair too. Does it give you a score after you're done?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Computer based test will tell you if you pass/fail immediately. No score if you passed.
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congratulations, that's quite an achievement. I have the CISSP in my crosshair too. Does it give you a score after you're done?

Nope, Just a big fat CONGRATULATIONS!.......if you pass.
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @robla300 Congrats! I know you feel better to know you dont have to hit the books tonight. icon_smile.gif
  • BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    Congrats
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, must feel good being able to relax a little now :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations...icon_cheers.gif
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on passing your first attempt! Your 19 years experience in IT probably had a large part in your success. You probably have a pretty fair managment mindset I suspect. Well done! And welcome to the forum!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!