Made a Mistake and Passed CISSP

broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys. Happy to say that I finally did it. This was my second attempt and I felt that I was better prepared the first time around. I really think this exam is a test on how you solve problems when confronted with challenging issues. So my advice to all those that are having difficulty is not to really focus on the material (you still have to know it) but just switch up your mind set. My brother said "think like a manger". That's what I did and it worked out.

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats! I'm glad you finally passed!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'll definitely take a long break before I go for my next cert.
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, hopefully I will be posting a similar thread in the coming days...
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif Great work. Could you share what you did differently in your second attempt as compared to your first? I know that there are candidates out there who are attempting the CISSP exam for the second or third time but are most probably making the same mistakes so if you could share where you feel you may have "struck gold" and got it right, somebody else could learn from it.

Congrats once again. :)
    Like I said, this time around I didn't feel that I knew the material as well. But I've gained more experience in my assurance role at work. I think it just comes down to thinking strategically and the whole think like a manager mindset. I know it sounds like fluff but I feel like that's what really did it for me.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats well done
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass. I passed on my first attempt, and I credit that to my boot camp instructor, who expounded the same idea - to think like a manager. If there are two good answers, but one is a technical solution, and the other is a management solution, go with management - people and processes over technology.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, on your PASS now get that endorsement.
    Thanks but unfortunately I'm still a year out from meeting the experience requirements.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    broli720 wrote: »
    Thanks but unfortunately I'm still a year out from meeting the experience requirements.

One year passes by quickly!