I exceeded the required score listed on CompTIA's official website, but failed?

lawrence_of_arabialawrence_of_arabia Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for SK0-003 for the past couple of weeks keeping in mind that a score of 700 out of 900 points (approx. 78%) would be needed to be granted this certification, per the official CompTIA website.. Okay, so yeah, I barely scraped by, but I scraped by nonetheless, right? I don't want to disclose too much other than the aforementioned until I get some concrete answers from CompTIA, but I have a case don't I? Isn't the information listed on the official site supposed to be accurate? How else am I to keep up with changes about the exam??? I don't really NEED this cert, but it was paid for, so I'm kind of pissed right now to say the least..

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    This appears current to me:
    CompTIA Server+ Certification

Your score was at least 700? If so what did they state when you asked them this at the testing center?
  • lawrence_of_arabialawrence_of_arabia Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I scored 718.. They pulled up the exact URL that you posted above and told me that I need to contact CompTIA immediately.. I could have done way better on the exam, but I did meet their requirements to to be certified per their website.. Of course with it being Saturday, I assume I won't hear anything until Monday.. I called the service number and left a voicemail, sent an email, and created a ticket with them.. I feel that I'm entitled to a retake on them at the VERY least..
    Something is up in Denmark. By their apparent definition, you passed. I wouldn't even re-sit for an exam. I hope you have something (paperwork - hard/soft) that clearly states your score.

I hope you get this resolved. Keep us updated.
  • superjerelmansuperjerelman Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's weird, I thought last year when I check it was 750 along with security+ to pass. It might be a typo on their website, either way I would take a screen shot just in case they change it, so you can dispute that it was on their website at that score limited.
    BS:IT from WGU.
  • dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmmmm that is odd, back when I passed it in June of last year it was 750 to pass because I remember scoring 767 and that was passing it by the slimmest of margins, but according to the CompTIA site the passing score is 700. I would definitely be contacting them about it. Could be they lowered the score but didn't update their software or something.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
    I have a ticket open with them now, being reviewed.. I spoke with a CompTIA employee this morning who told me that the passing score for Server+ is 700, so I don't know what's going on yet.. I will definitely let you all know the verdict as soon as I find out..
    Ok, good luck.
    Well, it looks like there is a typo on their official website and they aren't going to do anything to rectify the mistake, not even a voucher.. I was going back and forth with their exam Dev dept for a while, but eventually they just started ignoring me.. CompTIA encourages you to check their official certification homepage for details, I encourage you to contact someone employed with CompTIA- oh wait, I was given false information when I did that too.. By the way, this link:

CompTIA Server+ Certification

STILL indicates a passing score of 700 for Server+ as of right now! I won't be testing for a while, because I'll be busy doing actual studying for actual certifications.. I may renew my Net+ in three years if CompTIA is even still relevant then, other than that I'm moving on.
    Well, I just checked the above link again and it looks like they finally changed then pass score to 750
    This is ludicrous.

I can see why they don't wish to provide the certification itself, but they should at least provide a replacement voucher, IMO.

Also note that you're likely not the only 1 this has affected.
    Actually Xyro, as of today they did. I'll be re-testing soon. I feel like that's fair and what I expected from CompTIA.. The website HAS been fixed as well
  • KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Screw that noise, and you shouldn't have to retake a goddamn thing...you did what was required to pass the exam. I'd be furious if I was you. Everyone has a bad test every now and again, but you did what was asked of you. Don't pay them another cent until you get your certification.
    Actually Xyro, as of today they did.
    I never saw this post.

They provided a replacement voucher. Great! This has all worked to your advantage then. Having already seen this exam, theoretically, you should be able to achieve a higher score than you would have previously been able to.
    Higher indeed.. Passed a few weeks ago with an 893! May have gotten one or two wrong this time around.. I underestimated the exam the first time, and didnt feel that it was as easy as some make it out to be.. MUCH more difficult than the Network+.. Alas, after being pissed off for about a week, and then eating, breathing, and sh*tting Server+ for the next month, I come out victorious!
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Congrats on the pass and the free re-take. I am glad CompTIA did the right thing for your situation. I do have 1 question though, as devil's advocate: Doesn't the exam tell you, prior to starting, the time and passing requirements? It has been 2 years but I want to say the A+ has a pre-test page that detailed the testing rules (Time, Questions, Pass/Possible, etc)

Incorrect information on the site is inexcusable, but I could also see where CompTIA might have been coming from if the pre-test information was correct.
    In retrospect, it did.. The truth is that i didn't study enough, initially thinking that the exam would be a bit easier to pass.. My argument for CompTIA was on the lines of, 'What was I going to? Leave the testing center and go study harder?' I would have risked wasting my voucher.. Fact is, that website NEEDS to be accurate; as such, I feel that CompTIA offered a fair solution by providing the voucher to retake. I wouldn't feel right about just being awarded the cert with a score of 718 when, despite what the website indicated at the time, the intended score is 750.