Sitting in for the ISC2 Review Seminar in two weeks.......

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
I'm sitting in for the ISC2 Review Seminar in two weeks in Orlando sponsored by Training Camp. Has anyone had any experience with Training Camp, I just don't want to be sitting in a place were its death by powerpoint presentation.
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS I've not had and of the review materials other that the Live Online Training offered by ISC2. I can say from firsthand experience that its excellent. if you can get Kevin Henry as the instructor, even better.

Very smart guy. Been teaching for many years and is a handful of people in the world that holds every ISC2 certification.
  • aidroidaidroid Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From the feedback I've received, it depends very much on the instructor. The course I attended was taken by Kevin Henry and I second Dijital's remarks, he makes a lot of material easy to digest and knows the subject matter inside out. If you get him, you'll be fine.
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    I actually just called and the instructor is Monica Gonzalez
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well having sat through the Training Camp for 6 days i will tell you, its very hard and heavy, you will not have to worry about death by power point as you will be writing your ASS off from all the information written on the board. each day you will do a domain, (this will take all day) followed by sample exam questions at the end of the day on that domain. After class officially ends there will be another AFTER CLASS session that will last about 1-2 hrs, by this time its 7/8:00pm just enough time to eat and study on your own (As you will have question to answer out of a sample test booklet)

Each subsequent day you will do it again, that saturday is a Total 10 domain review day, then Sunday you wil take the exam. Your brain will be so full of information.. GOOD LUCK. it can be overwhelming to say the least. Data overload is a under statement .

I will say this, you should have a decent knowledge of the material already as there is little to no time to go over the basics at all.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    I did one last summer in Tacoma Washington after studying Shon Harris AIO for three months. I passed. The boot camp was top notch. My instructor taught us how to "think like a manager" and how to analyze the questions to figure out what they are really asking. We learned as much about "How" to take the test as we did about the actual material.

Like Jake007 said, it is a long intense week, but you will be prepared. Are you testing at the end?
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Yes, I'm testing at the end, the paper based test actually.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck, TBRAYS. You know I'm rooting for you
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I actually just called and the instructor is Monica Gonzalez

TBRAYS i had Monica last year she is great. Very knowledgable. I started a new job and work paid for the review class which helped clarify a few things for me. She will stay after class if you need any help.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Yes, I'm testing at the end, the paper based test actually.

Let us know how you felt after the review seminar and the subsequent test - at the end of my boot camp, I felt as ready as humanly possible. I had done so many practice tests, I just viewed the real one as another task to get through. Didn't really stress about it as much as I thought I might.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!