CAPPS Passed [4/5]

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
A busy 5 weeks. Have knocked out CAPPS. I wouldn't recommend fast-tracking it, but when you are on a tight deadline, needs must.

Materials used:
CUC Study Guide
CUC Administration, CUC Design, CUC VPIM Integration Guides
CUPS Fundamentals
CUPS Deployment, CUPS Serviceability Guides
CUE....whatever I could find
INE CCNP-Voice Video-on-Demand
CAPPS Quick Reference Guide

And now onto TVOICE.

Comments

• aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats! You'll be CCNP Voice certified in no time. How long are you going study before attempting TVOICE? I thought about saving CAPPS for last since it is supposedly the easiest one.

I'm taking CIPT1 tomorrow. I feel like I have a long way to go though. Hopefully I'll be posting my own passed thread in 24 hours.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Probably not leaving enough time, as I've got till 10 April to knock it over (or I have to re-take CVOICE). Started the study for it early last week.

I've pencilled in 3 April as my exam date, which gives me the extra week for a re-sit if needed. So its head down....icon_lol.gif

Good luck with CIPT1 tomorrow!
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    I'm sure you'll pass it. Do you work CUCM on a regular basis? I think that makes all the difference when tackling the Voice track. I couldn't imagine preparing for these tests if all this was new to me.

I've been supporting it for four years so I've been flying through the material so far (1month for ICOMM and 1 month for CVOICE). I've only been studying for CIPT1 for two weeks so hopefully I'm not taking it lightly. CIPT2 is going to be the tough one for me. I've never had to work with globalization, SAF, CCD, etc so I dread it. My plan the rest of the way if CIPT1 goes well tomorrow is to dedicate 6 weeks for CIPT2, 3-4 weeks for CAPPS, and 3-4 weeks for TVOICE. I'm slow at work right now so I'm studying 3-4 hours a day on average between reading, labs, and trying things on my production environment.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome. Congrats
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! How much voice-related experience do you have?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Congrats! How much voice-related experience do you have?

Traditional TDM voice, 15+ years. First managing the install of small systems (15-250 users), then maintaining a large enterprise with call centres (20,000 users). Cisco voice, all lab work.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Azaghul,

What resources are you using for TVOICE studies? All I have right now are INE's videos and those only total abut 5 hours of video. I'm looking for other stuff to supplement.
    bobfromfpl wrote: »
    What resources are you using for TVOICE studies? All I have right now are INE's videos and those only total abut 5 hours of video. I'm looking for other stuff to supplement.

I've been using the INE videos as well, I agree there is not that much there. But it does cover the concepts and gives you a starting point on how to read traces and debugs (debugs also covered throughout the earlier videos as well), as well as the basics of RTMT and the "Cisco Troubleshooting Methodology"(tm).

Also just started watching the old TUC series from CBT Nuggets, although it covers v6 of the track, a fair amount of info is still relevant.

There is also a poor quality (scanned pdf) TVOICE study guide in the wild. While a lot of the traces are not very readable, all the theory content so far seems to be rehashed from CVOICE, CIPT1 and CIPT2.

I plan on powering up the lab, re-watching the INE videos and placing similar calls to see traces and debugs locally.

I just hope there is not too much on QoS and gatekeeper, as they are probably my lightest knowledge areas.