need free vnc software

fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for somehting like webex that will allow me to remote control someones computer thru a browser. I tried downloading some of the free open source ones but they dont do what I want. They let me connect thru a url, but only to manage the system I'm connecting to. I want the opposite, I want someone to go to a url and pass control of thier system to me. webex and some other like it are extremely expensive. I dont' need to pay the money for something with so many features, just looking for something basic.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_arrow.gifwww.realvnc.com/download.html

If the computers are Windows XP, consider using Remote Desktop and/or Remote Assistance.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I use Real VNC at work for Win 9x clients and it not had many problems though as Webmaster says i would definetly use RDC for XP due to its ease of use. (Also use it for Win 2003 servers)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    realVNC is a great free alternative to pcanywahere and for xp/2003 RDP, but all these setups requires me to setup port forwarding on the remote pc. The nice thing about webex is that it doesn't require this. I can intruct a customer to browse to a url and pass control of thier pc to me. Therefore I can get right to the pc without any adminitration before hand. Very nice way to provide support.