Options

ESXi 5.0 Offline bundle

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Been labbing up AutoDeploy in my lab at home and looks like I need the offline bundle. Searched for it on vmware.com and sure enough it shows up in the search but when I logon and attempt to download the .zip file, everything on the download page is greyed out. So is the offline bundle only available to partners or something? Or is there a better way to lab this thing up, it doesnt look like you can add the iso as a software depot in PowerCLI. I have multiple logins on multiple computers but cannot download the offline bundle. Help please!
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The VMware.com account that you used to download your vSphere evaulation copy should be good for downloading the offline bundle. Just go to the downloads section of the site and pick ESXi installable, it will be listed there.

It has the be the .zip package, not the ISO as you have already figured out.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @blargoe - yeah like I said every link on the download page gets greyed out when I login. Tried different accounts (even a new one) and different computers, but the links were not active. Strange.

@dave - that worked mate, funny how the download links were all greyed out but using PowerCLI it all came good.

Deployed first host using AutoDeploy, now to repeat the process multiple times to drill it into the brain. Thanks guys.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I actually did this when I was studying for the VCP. It wasn't that bad really to setup. I think it's gotten easier and there's a VMware fling that helps with it as well. Although I didn't use it. I did it the hard way.

Auto Deploy GUI | VMware Labs
  • Options
    streuberstreuber Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Essendon
    You do not need to download the offline bundle from the vmware website. You can add their software depot via PowerCLI and obtain it from there. Here is a great post from Duncan Epping going over the procedure. http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2011/08/25/using-vsphere-5-auto-deploy-in-your-home-lab/ I presently have 4 servers in my test lab that I am booting successfully from autodeploy. I am now tweaking my Host Profiles to get them to deploy properly with the correct dVSwitch and Storage configurations applied. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    vayzevayze Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    I actually did this when I was studying for the VCP. It wasn't that bad really to setup. I think it's gotten easier and there's a VMware fling that helps with it as well. Although I didn't use it. I did it the hard way. Auto Deploy GUI | VMware Labs
    agreed. +1