Passed CIPT1 642-447 [2/5]

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
I passed CIPT1 this morning with a score of 965/1000. This exam is much more straight forward than CVOICE and for those preparing spend the time labbing if you don't have a lot of experience with CUCM. I prepared using the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Guide, older v6.0 CBT Nuggets, CUCM 8.6 production environment at work, and CUCM 9.0 lab.

Two exams down with three to go. Voice sure is a long track!

Comments

• DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    congrads on the pass. CIPT1 is the easiest of the exams if you have experience. CIPT2 and CVOICE are usually the ones that give people problems.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    shodown wrote: »
    congrads on the pass. CIPT1 is the easiest of the exams if you have experience. CIPT2 and CVOICE are usually the ones that give people problems.

Thanks for the info. I expect CIPT2 to be the hard one for me. I've never had to implement anything with multiple clusters, AAR, CCD, SAF, etc. Only had to deal with NANP dial plan as well so no localization/globalization experience either.

The only two objectives I know up and down are configuring Regions/Locations and Extension Mobility.
    Its crap they are making people test on CCD/SAF. Its not going to be devloped any further. In CUCM 10 they are going to have newer features that are meant to replace SAF. Globalization is great. Once you understand it, it makes dial plans so much easier.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Good to know, I won't spend much time on it and will only learn what is needed for the exam.

The CUCM 10 feature I am looking forward to is the merging of CUP completely into CUCM. I hear with 9.5 the CUP users will no longer be configured on the CUP server but in CUCM instead. Presence configuration is really simple so I'm not surprised to see Cisco go this route.
    yeah its going through some major overhauls. With M$ Lync picking up steam cisco had to shift gears. Expect to see that you can have complete phone control with the jabber client at home in the next few versions. This will require VCS express, but still a cool feature to have. I love being able to just dial from my laptop.
    Currently Reading

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.