Yay! Passed!

kashmokashmo Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gifPassed the exam today after starting and stopping my quest for it several times over the last couple of years. Finally hunkered down in November and got serious about it.

I found it to be quite challenging, not so much in the technical sense, but making sure I was answering questions the "ISC2 way". Took a bit over 5 hours take the exam and the rest of the time to review. I was exhausted by the end. I wanted to celebrate a bit more after getting the print out, but the test proctor was a bit stoic. :-/

I've been in IT for about 16 years, the past 10 of which I've been doing some sort of firewall engineering/administration among other network related tasks.

I really didn't find that any one study resource nailed it. It really took a combination of resources:
Shon Harris AIO 5th edition
Shon Harris Practice Exams 2nd Edition
CCCure Paid Questions (went through the set 1 1/2 times)
CISSP Exam Questions by Eddie Vi
CISSP Study Guide by Stewart, Tittel, and Chapple
Flash cards Deluxe app on ipad mini.
This site!! Thank you all for your posts.

What really really helped was having all of these resources on my ipad mini. Very convenient, had it with me all the time, could quickly search a book, or get a better understanding by hitting the web.

So glad to have gotten it done. Now I can get back to my family. Again thank you all!

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! This is a great victory for you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations! And thank you for your views on preparation. I agree with you, that it takes a range of resources to be well-prepared. You can now look forward to that email from (ISC)2 (after endorsement) that makes it official!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!icon_cheers.gif
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I really never celebrated, I was too tired (mentally)............. relieved was what I felt.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • kashmokashmo Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the posts folks! Feel like I still need to catchup on sleep. Those last couple of weeks before the test were pretty intense. Lost quite a bit of sleep and got sick about a week before the test. But I guess they say anything worth having takes going through something. Just gotta get the paperwork done now so that it becomes official.
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I know the feeling, I haven't been near a computer that much over the last week or so. Give your mind some time to relax.
  • jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats welcome to the club!
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and all the best for future.