Difference in eric conrad books

acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear all, I like to find out, what's the difference for Eric conrad books between eleventh hour cissp and 2nd edition cissp study guide?

Is the contents totally the same? Or just get*the study guide and it covers everything for the eleventh hour cissp?

Thanks

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you're ok with the old edition of the CISSP Study Guide instead of the 2nd edition. The eleventh hour is a review of the study guide so it won't have the details you need.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    acidstorm wrote: »
    Dear all, I like to find out, what's the difference for Eric conrad books between eleventh hour cissp and 2nd edition cissp study guide?

Is the contents totally the same? Or just get*the study guide and it covers everything for the eleventh hour cissp?

Thanks

I really liked the study guide book. I used it as my secondary source (Shon Harris primarily)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Definitely two different things. Here's my take:

Conrad's 2nd edition study guide
    - 600 pages - $45
    - more inclusive
    - concise, no fillers like the AIO
    - many use it as primary study source (I did!)
    - excellent reviews
    - only down side is I wish it had more/better review questions

11th hour
    - 200 pages - $15
    - kind of the cliff notes of the study guide
    - very valuable as an eagle's view of topics, which will allow you to quickly identify areas that need further development
    - those who say it sucks most likely used it as a primary source, which is not its purpose
    - also needs more questions

I would say both books are a winning combo. If you have limited resources then just get the study guide.
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought the 11th hour was great and don't forget the cissp for dummies.
  • jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i read both and come crunch time the 11th hour is golden for study the week before your test.
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    11th hour is great to read in the last week.
    You can also attend boot camp that will really help. I attended one by Simplilearn.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like all of these study guides it depends where you stand as far as experience and background knowledge. If you have a very solid background in security Eric's books are good to go. Highlighting your strong points and enough of an view to get the idea across. If your background and experience are weaker in some areas Harris' AIO guides are the way to go as she covers everything ad nauseam. Just depends on where your starting from.

Essentially you hear the same things about the exam. Excruciatingly difficult or fairly easy. If you have enough experience in any topic any exam will seem easy. If not your going to suffer through. Same with the books.

- beads