Security+....I passed today

WallPlayerWallPlayer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed my Sec+ exam today...(HellYeah icon_lol.gif). I'm a newbie to the site. After browsing for good study material for the test I've found that everyones recommendation of Gibson book helped a lot. Might shoot for Project+ for my next one.

Thanks all

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats on the Sec+ pass WallPlayer and welcome to TE!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Great first post!

Good luck with the Project+.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • BTKitch1406BTKitch1406 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, on passing your Security +! I'm new to the site as well. Hoping to find some good information to help me pass some of my upcoming exams. Was the Security + difficult? I have thought about getting this one after my CCNA.
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • movingzachbmovingzachb Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WallPlayer wrote: »
    Passed my Sec+ exam today...(HellYeah icon_lol.gif). I'm a newbie to the site. After browsing for good study material for the test I've found that everyones recommendation of Gibson book helped a lot. Might shoot for Project+ for my next one.

Thanks all

Congrats on the pass man.

Did you read all the chapters from cover to cover when you read it?
    Security+
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • WallPlayerWallPlayer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say that it was difficult. Its more on the line of making sure that you truly 'understand' the material.
  • WallPlayerWallPlayer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man.

Did you read all the chapters from cover to cover when you read it?

Yes I did read it cover to cover. But before I started from the beginning of the book I made it a point to know and understand the Acronyms List in the back of the book first (which helped A LOT on the test). Then before reading each chapter I read the Exam Topic Reviews first so that when I did go back and read the chapter it was more on the lines of "Oh..Ok" when Gibson explains in more detail of each topic.