5th time......

webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
As many of you know from my previous post, 23...... , I have failed the CISSP 4 times. Since the last time I have been studying on and off, getting discouraged, fighting the sense of disappointment, and almost giving up on attempting the CISSP ever again.

So today, I retook the CISSP exam, yes for the 5th time, without any seminar just hitting the new books hard icon_study.gif. I am currently in a position which works the grave yard shift and I had yesterday off, Thursday, but decided to get a little more sleep and study time so I took the exam today, Friday, at 2pm EST.

During the exam, since my body is used to working nights, I caught myself dozing multiple times, but no long only 2-4 minutes each time. Every time I would come back, some how it focused me even more to complete this exam.

Before arriving at the testing location, all I said to myself was, think like a manager.

I finished the first pass with 3 hours left on the clock. My second pass was unflagging all the questions I knew I had answered correctly with 2 hours left on the clock. My third pass was process of elimination and I left about 10 questions flagged. At this point I had about 45 minutes left on the clock. With the last 10 questions, I attempted process of elimination, but some I ended up guessing. When I hit submit, there was 10 minutes left on the clock.

The person handed me the paper folded, and I didn't check it until I went into the elevator. As I open the paper, this one word made me icon_cheers.gif, and that word was Congratulations!

NEVER GIVE UP!
BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Way to persevere!
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So do you get CISSP results instantly now? I had to wait weeks for mine.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    This is a truly inspiring thread.

icon_cheers.gif Congratulations on your achievement!

You've managed to persevere through a situation that most people would have given up in. I highly commend you. icon_thumright.gif
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »

CBT will give the results instantly PBT still have to wait weeks for results
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
    Psoasman wrote: »

Thanks!
    Xyro wrote: »
    This is a truly inspiring thread.

icon_cheers.gif Congratulations on your achievement!

You've managed to persevere through a situation that most people would have given up in. I highly commend you. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks! Was a tough moment but I'm sure glad I can continue onto another certification. Currently at work and just the sense of relief is overwhelming.
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    Very admiring, attending an exam several times without giving up takes a lot of determination, you have the right personality.
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow I bet that feels good huh!?

Congrats on the pass, and the persistence, very impressive!
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, well done with the persistence! You thoroughly deserved it :)
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    5 TIMES...WOW... I know a few people who have attempted the exam twice and have given up. We need more stories like this one to keep our fellow CISSP Candidates motivated and to persevere for their goals. I am definitely booking marking this thread.

Way to go, I applaud you bowing.gif ... Congratulations!
  • jonesjj510jonesjj510 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Truly an inspiration for those who are thinking of just giving up!
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. This is inspiring..
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    webgeek wrote: »
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    Well said - it's great to read about your perseverance and victory!!
  • vayzevayze Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations. everything is possible with perserverence
  • ppypo123ppypo123 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man, you deserve a standing ovation for perseverance and for not giving up! As said we need more stories like this to keep CISSP candidates more motivated and preserved to their goal. You did proved that Impossible = I’m possibleicon_thumright.gif!

And Yeah Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! Happy for you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz on the pass. No way I could/would of done that. Fail 3 I would be out the door. Hats off!
  • jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I admire the perseverance you displayed by taking the exam 5 times . Especially because its so many questions on it I hope you treat yourself to something REAL nice!

BTW i passed it the exam this morning so welcome to the club!
    log32 wrote: »
    Very admiring, attending an exam several times without giving up takes a lot of determination, you have the right personality.

Thanks! Definitely was mind numbing at times but I know my goals and this was a must have….plus now I get out of a lot of classes from Capella! w00t!
    nXPLOSi wrote: »
    Wow I bet that feels good huh!?

Congrats on the pass, and the persistence, very impressive!

Thanks! Tough times but I managed to hit back harder every time icon_wink.gif
    t17hha wrote: »
    Congratulations, well done with the persistence! You thoroughly deserved it [IMG]file://localhost/Users/User1/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]

Thanks! I do have to say if it wasn’t for the TE family for giving me that little bit of hope I may have stopped the CISSP studying.
    moyondizvo wrote: »
    5 TIMES...WOW... I know a few people who have attempted the exam twice and have given up. We need more stories like this one to keep our fellow CISSP Candidates motivated and to persevere for their goals. I am definitely booking marking this thread.

Way to go, I applaud you [IMG]file://localhost/Users/User1/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image004.gif[/IMG] ... Congratulations!

Thanks! While at times giving up seemed like the option to take, it didn’t seem like the option for me. No one should give up on his or her dreams!
    jonesjj510 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Truly an inspiration for those who are thinking of just giving up!

Thanks! If someone gives up now, when will they realize where the finish line is?
    ssehg wrote: »
    Congratulations. This is inspiring..

Thanks! Couldn’t have done it without the TE family!
    paul78 wrote: »
    Well said - it's great to read about your perseverance and victory!!

Victory lol its funny since one of my key chains I carry does say victory in Japanese. I picked it up my last time in Tokyo.
    vayze wrote: »
    congratulations. everything is possible with perserverence

Yes, everything is possible! Never limit yourself! Thanks!
    ppypo123 wrote: »
    Man, you deserve a standing ovation for perseverance and for not giving up! As said we need more stories like this to keep CISSP candidates more motivated and preserved to their goal. You did proved that Impossible = I’m possible[IMG]file://localhost/Users/User1/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image006.png[/IMG]!

And Yeah Congratulations! [IMG]file://localhost/Users/User1/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image008.png[/IMG]

Thanks! Any future test takers should understand that a test is just a test. I let this one get to me for some reason.
    Congratulations! Happy for you!

Thanks! I appreciate all the info you provided on my previous post as well.
    N2IT wrote: »
    Gratz on the pass. No way I could/would of done that. Fail 3 I would be out the door. Hats off!

lol Thanks! Defenitely wasn’t easy but sure worth it in the end!
    jabney wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. I admire the perseverance you displayed by taking the exam 5 times . Especially because its so many questions on it I hope you treat yourself to something REAL nice!

BTW i passed it the exam this morning so welcome to the club!

Thanks and congrats to you too! Still debating on what to buy lol maybe I’ll just wait to the new Xbox and PS comes out….also saving for a house so my wife won’t let me buy something right now lmao
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In the words of the GREAT MICHAEL JORDAN

"“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ― Michael Jordan

Dont ever give up don't ever give up. Congratulations!!!!!
    Jake007 wrote: »
    In the words of the GREAT MICHAEL JORDAN

"“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ― Michael Jordan

Dont ever give up don't ever give up. Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks! And yes one of my favorite quotes!!!
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on a big accomplishment and way to push through!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome of you to keep plugging away until you passed the exam. Good luck on your future studies.
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Congratulations on a big accomplishment and way to push through!

Thanks! All I can say now is relief!
    lmoworld wrote: »
    Congrats on passing

Thanks!
    Awesome of you to keep plugging away until you passed the exam. Good luck on your future studies.

Thanks! I feel like I have both books memorized now lol my brain hurts!
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Congrats !!

Quite a path... but I'm so glad you reached your goal !
    Humbe wrote: »
    Congrats !!

Quite a path... but I'm so glad you reached your goal !

Thanks! icon_thumright.gif
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    I just have to add my congratulations and admiration. Well done!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Excellent job man, I can't say I would have had the gusto to get past the third try myself. I also applaud the post of the Micheal Jordan quote, its a good quote and puts a lot of things in perspective. A LOT of successful people overcame plenty of failures. Words to live by.
    coolz203 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks! icon_wink.gif

I just have to add my congratulations and admiration. Well done!

Thanks! icon_cheers.gif

Excellent job man, I can't say I would have had the gusto to get past the third try myself. I also applaud the post of the Micheal Jordan quote, its a good quote and puts a lot of things in perspective. A LOT of successful people overcame plenty of failures. Words to live by.

Definitely was mind challenging but well worth it icon_thumright.gif. Now just waiting on the endorsement process.