Options

SIMS

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
Are they any sites that have free sim practice questions?
On the exam we will get SIMS for installing certain things ( IIS, DNS, SUS ). Are there sites out there that will help us get confidence on doing things SIMS?

I am about ready to tackle this puppy. I just want to brush up on the SIMS because I hear this is weighted heavily on the exam.

Thanks,
JB
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    you presumeably have a computer with win2k3 installed.

if you can do it on your computer, you can do it on the sims.
    witty comment
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check the Links section on this page:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/microsoft/70-290.shtml
    for some free stuff at Microsoft.

One of the reasons the Cisco training sims are popular is because Cisco equipment is relatively expensive, and not often part of a typical user's homelab. Windows however, can be installed on a separate volume on almost any modern computer. Run Virtual PC and you got your own virtual environment in which you can 'simulate' by doing the real thing. I.o.w. I don't expect too many sim products for Microsoft exams, apart from those in test engines.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I will have a look at this link and yes I do have a computer with win 2k3 server installed. I just wanted to practice the SIMS on something that would not screw up my ssystem since I hear a lot of people failing because of the SIMS. Guess I will look at Boson.

Thanks,
    JB
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    the reason many people fail on the sims is because they perhaps know how to choose an answer from 3 others, but are stumped when it comes to actually doing it "live".
    i never actually understood why sims are supposed to be so hard. they say "do this and that and the other" and you just do it on the provided desktop. simple.
    witty comment
  • Options
    vexvex Member Posts: 113
    Here is something to remember. If you have stumbled thru a SIM and think you finally got it right, reset the SIM and do it clean before ending the SIM.

Cheers
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Options
    Thansk VEX - GREAT idea