Pmi-acp

jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the PMI-ACP test today. I'd definitely suggest the book PMI-ACP Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths.

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you share with us how you prepared for the exam, how hard was it, any tips. Thx
  • jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chmod wrote: »
    Can you share with us how you prepared for the exam, how hard was it, any tips. Thx

Sure...

I had previous experience working on an Agile team (performing the Continous Integration task on a team) so that is were my experience came from for the exam application. Work also had an online class which gave me the 21 Contact hours also needed for the application.

The only book I used, which IMO is the best is "PMI-ACP Exam Prep" by Mike Griffiths. He was actually on the steering comittee for the certifcation.

It is much easier than the PMP. There are 120 questions and I was finished in about 2-2.5 hrs. I had about 30 or so marked for review when I finished my first pass.

I think the whole concept of Agile is easier to grasp than the Waterfall concepts that the PMP exam concentrates on. Agile seems to have many concepts that are "common sense" so for me it was easier to grasp. Agile seems to do away with the very formal documentation and detailed planning before a project and concentrates more on creating value early. As a matter of fact, two of the principles speak to that:

Working Software over Comprehensive Documentation
    Responding to a change over following a plan

The tips I'd have for now is to make sure you understand the concepts of Extreme Programming, the Agile manifesto and the tools used for Agile planning.

One more tip - I used the same testing center for the PMP - so I had flashbacks...I had to make sure I wasn't slipping into trying to answers using PMP thinking LOL. Some of the answers are definitely tempting, so you have to make sure you are thinking in Agile mode (instead of PMP)

Hope that helps, if you need more info - just let me know!
  • josetijamjosetijam Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your PMI-ACP!
    I'm debating whether to pursue the same certification with PMI (PMI-ACP) or either Scrum.org (PSM) or Scrumalliance.org (CSM).

For those that are PMI members, there is a free resource available to prepare for the PMI-ACP.
    PMI - the World > Knowledge Center > eReads & Reference > http://pmi.books24x7.com > search for "PMI-ACP"

PMI-ACP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers & Explanations
    by Tim Bagnall and Christopher Scordo
    Based on the latest PMI-ACP exam outline, this detailed and straightforward book provides practice tests that are designed to help students adjust to the pace, subject matter, and difficulty of the real PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) exam.