Passed 70-271

marie2006marie2006 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used MS Press Materials - I bought both books that also have CDs - 180 day trial versions of MS Office and WinXP Professional, as well as the encyclopedias of networking and security.

I did not utilize any other materials (exam cram, ****, etc) because these tools are nothing more than cheating tools that one can use to regurgitate but not LEARN the material.

I scored 861. Will be taking exam 70-272 in the next couple of weeks.

I highly recommend MS Press tools.
MISM, BSIT

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • marie2006marie2006 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks - one down, one to go.
    MISM, BSIT
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whats wrong with exam cram? :S
    I used it to study for my A+ exams and found that most of the material I studied for both sections was not relevant to the exam at all.

Just my personal experience - then again, I also had quite a few folks swear by ****, claiming the questions were "word for word" to the exam.

I browsed a copy of it online the day before my exam, looking at perhaps 30 questions - good thing I did not use it because I can't recall a single one of the questions being mentioned on the exam I took.

The MS Press tools prepared me more.......and they cost a lot LESS than exam cram or the others out there when you look at what you're paying for. I paid $50 each for the MS Press books, which includes the CD that contains the Encyclopedia of Networking, Encyclopedia of Security, another PDF copy of the book itself, and practice exams of 146 questions you can do in certification mode or study mode.
    MISM, BSIT
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fair play, advise taken. Thanks
  • daysdays Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good on ya mate!!
    Saving the world... one computer at a time.
    This forum is a great way to find the best (and not so best) study materials and strategies to focus on for passing your exams. My second exam is scheduled for the 5th of April so I'll keep ya updated.
    MISM, BSIT
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    exam cram aint cheating
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Opi wrote:
    exam cram aint cheating

Don't know if Opi was jesting, or just trying to fire off a quick retort. . .

I haven't seen the new Exam Cram books, but when Coriolis ran that show, the books seemed to be geared towards teaching the material, although in a highly abbreviated fashion.

My guess would be that originally Coriolis intended them to be last minute cram books for late studiers, then found out that people would actually LIKE small/cheap/portable study books.

The Exam Prep series as opposed to the ("Cram" series) was more comprehensive. I used one of those to study for the Linux+ exam, and it was really helpful.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam Cram is legit. Get your facts right.
    When I first laid hands on exam cram it was a regurgitation tool; it has changed to become a very good and abbreviated tool. I stand corrected. But still prefer to use MS tools because of the vendor-geared detail that allows full understanding of the concepts you'll be tested on.
    MISM, BSIT
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Well done on the exam keep it up.

Lets see the same for 70-272.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • ynajiynaji Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□