Options

70-686 Today

zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
So after a long hiatus from certs I have returned to take my 70-686 exam. I recently started a new job using MDT on a daily basis to deploy mostly XP to a large military enterprise (we are moving to 7 by the end of the year, go go keeping up with current software). So I signed up for the free second shot offer and I'm going to sit the exam with little prep outside of passively listening to the CBT nugget while I work. Let's see how it goes :P

* EDIT * The title says today but I meant Saturday. Was distracted talking to someone while I was typing.
Transferred
LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
Finished
EWB2
WFV1 CLC1MGC1

Comments

• Options
    AlexCrossAlexCross Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I highly suggest you do more preparation than the nuggets. The MS press book for the 686 was pretty good. I don't think the nuggets have enough information in them to successfully pass the test. MDT on a daily basis will help, but its not the same as configuring it and setting it up. Good luck on your exam
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Good luck, @zaxbysauce. Of the Microsoft exams that I have taken, I enjoyed preparing for that one most of all. I easily get bored with the sort of micro-configuration the 680 similar exams have. The 686 took in the big picture and asked how all the parts worked together.
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By "MDT on a daily basis" I actually meant I am solely responsible for managing enterprise wide deployment for a vast array of varying hardware including building reference and custom images, deploying via hard media and WDS, and setting up backup and testing deployment shares. I'm doing the second shot is free voucher so I can go in and see how I do without any pressure. If I pass, great. If not, I can study the bits I need to and go again for free. Thanks for the info on the MS Press book though. I have Gibsons's Mastering Windows Deployment as well as Deployment Fundamentals volumes 1-4 which I used to prepare for the new job several months back I can refresh on if I need to as well.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1