Options

Voice Lab on the Cheap!

JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
I have read through all the threads concerning voice labs. Has anyone had good results with gns3 plus some equipment. I would like to see some labs done as cheap as possible. Voice labs can get expensive. Thanks in advance.

J

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While you can use GNS3 for some voice labs, I always found it fairly limited. There are so many voice features that are only supported in hardware: FXS, FXO, DSPs, E1/T1, CUE just for starters.

While a little dated, blindhog.net had a series on building a voice lab with GNS3, there could be the best place to look for details.

Yes, voice labs can get expensive, I just considered it an investment. When I started buying lab hardware during my CCNA the questions I asked were, 1) is it upgradeable for voice features (FXS/FXO/DSP/etc), and 2) what other subjects can I use it for. Once you spread the cost over R&S, Voice, Security, etc, it doesn't seem that bad.
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    Thanks for the reply. i will invest the money if I need to, just thought some of theses crafty gentlemen on here might have some cheap ideas also.

J