Options

Scheduled security+ exam for next week

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm stoked. It's for a wgu course.

It seems pretty darn straightforward and pretty easy. The information just sticks on me like glue. I just need to create a chart of ports and cryptography algorithms.

Is the test easy? For those of you that took it.

I have about 1500 questions worth of practice between 2 sources, testout.com and darrils book as well.

Comments

• Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    I thought it was easy. But I've seen some people (mostly non-technical manager roles) seriously struggle with it. I guess it depends on your experience, interests, education, etc... My boss took it 4 times before passing.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I echo hutch, I thought it was pretty easy. Reading through Darril's book was enough reinforcement, however I am a systems administrator so I work with a lot of the concepts daily and I also keep up with security in general so most of the exam content was just review.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hate using the word 'easy' I would say it's straight to the point, 91 questions, 3 sims, and you have 135 min, so you can imagine the extent of depth it is, nonetheless, studying Darril Gibson's book and blog really helped, along with the class i'm taking in school which is geared towards this exam.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    I recently took a Microsoft exam and a CIW exam. The practice tests for the Microsoft exam were SIGNIFICANTLY tougher than the security ones.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Good that the material is clicking for you, but it's best not to take any exam for granted. I remember failing the Security+ exam the first time I took it (back in the SY0-101 days) primarily because I thought I knew it and didn't dig into the materials. It doesn't sound like you're taking it for granted, though.

When doing any practice test questions, it's good to know why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. In other words, it's worth your time to read the explanations. That way no matter how CompTIA words the questions, you should be able to answer them correctly.

You're right about the difference between Microsoft questions and CompTIA questions. Microsoft questions are significantly more complex.
  • Options
    I grabbed your question book on amazon and went through it. I've been hitting 100% in some domains and in the mid 90's in the others. The most interesting topic for me is the pen testing.