Cissp

ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am a CISSP and would like to mentor CISSP aspirants.

Please do comment or write for help / tips.

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm quite far from the CISSP, but I have been planning on taking the exam before I reach the 5 year requirement. I believe that having the associates title for the CISSP will show the kind of motivation that I have to enter the security field.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got my security+ cert this week I would like to take the CISSP but i'm not sure if i'm ready is it true you need 5 years of experience in the security field? I would like to have a mentor! :D
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    You do need 5 years of experience at least in 2 of the CISSP Domains.
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you don't have the required experience still you can become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CISSP exam. After that you would have six years to earn your experience to become a CISSP. and yes this would be your motivation to move into IT security field.
    Yes, you do need 5 years of experience in any 2 of CISSP domains. Please check https://www.isc2.org/cissp-how-to-certify.aspx
  • cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good day Ssehg,

You should consider joining our mailing list at:

https://www.cccure.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=431

and our forums at:

https://www.cccure.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index&c=2

There is always people looking for help specific to the CISSP as well.

Best regards

Clement
  • cw3kcw3k Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed my security+ and going for the CISSP in the summer. I think I can get like 2 years from 1 domain and 3 others after I get my CISSP.
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I met W. Hord Tipton (Executive Director of ISC2), who came to our local chapter meeting yesterday, he was very nice and came with gifts. There is a NEW CBK book (dont think its released yet) he gave a copy to an espiring CISSP candidate he stated they are trying to get one CBK with all the latest information into one guide.

He also gave out ISC2 ties (not on the web site yet) and gold Pins. I guess it pays to be in florida near HQ's.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Now THAT would have been SUH-WEEET. I am jealous.
    Hi Clement,
    Sure will join the group.
    So I can still take the exam, then pass and have the CISSP credential without having any direct computer security experience?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    So I can still take the exam, then pass and have the CISSP credential without having any direct computer security experience?

If you do not have the necessary experience and you pass the exam then you will earn the "Associates" designation. You can then gain the experience within 6 years of passing the exam to obtain the full CISSP title.
    Ah okay thanks for clarifying :)
  • justin.forman@gmail.comjustin.forman@gmail.com Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ssehg, thank you for the offer! I have an endorser lined up, but no mentor. I would appreciate your mentorship. How do we begin?
    @Visiongate,
    Please do let me know your experience and will guide you for CISSP.
    @danny069,
    You can pass CISSP without any security experience but you can only be associate. For CISSP certification you then need to have 6 years experience .
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ssehg wrote: »
    @danny069,
    For CISSP certification you then need to have 6 years experience .

5 years of experience - 1 year if you have a BS or a cert approved by (ISC)2.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Althmash7Althmash7 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I gave Associate Cissp exam but was able to clear

Pls Guide me :

I read following books :

1.Shon Harris 5th edition AIO
    2.Cissp Pratice Question - By Shon Harris 2nd Edition
    3.Practice Question In CD provided by Shon harris - in book
    4.Macgrill Pratice Question

Still i was not able clear i Scored 600 marks can u guide with pratice question Website or link which are similar with the Actual ISC2 question we face in Cissp exam.

Thanks in advance
    Hi
    Please do let me know your weak areas.
    You can also attend boot camp. I my self attended one by Simplilearn.