Passed CCNA V today

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed today on my second attempt

Now I have to renew my CCNP status, and I have the CCIE in mind. which exam do you suggest to me that covers most of the CCIE topics? ROUTE exam or SWITCH exam?

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the pass!The good thing about the exams since they revised them is that the NP prepares you for the IE.There is a lot of bad-ass redistribution and stuff like that and the ROUTE exam is a good preparation.However, someone more knowledgeable should have a say in case I'm wrong but in my opinion, at least, ROUTE would be better.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks guys,
    after some thought, I'm going for CIPT1. I have the official student book. I do CUCM admin daily. What I need is a decent lab and discipline. That way, I can validate my knowledge and at the same time renew my CCNP.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    ccnpninja wrote: »
    thanks guys,
    after some thought, I'm going for CIPT1. I have the official student book. I do CUCM admin daily. What I need is a decent lab and discipline. That way, I can validate my knowledge and at the same time renew my CCNP.

If you work with CUCM daily CIPT1 should be a breeze for you. I just passed it and only spent a couple of weeks studying.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • jaxjazzyjaxjazzy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing your CCNA, that's my goal also, just have to develop the discipline to stay focused.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!

CIPT1 sounds like a good plan, or you could work on the written, it recertifies everything :)
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.